This stately hotel was the largest in the area. It was later eliminated for the construction of Hudson Avenue.
H.J. and C.L. Rockwell opened the Rockwell House in the village of Glens Falls in 1872, becoming the largest hotel in the area. The hotel operated until the 1920s when it was renamed the Hotel Rockwell. It was again renamed Hotel Towers in 1949, but it burned in 1950. The site of the Hotel Towers was developed into a W.T. Grant store after the 1950 fire. That building was eliminated in the mid-1970s for the construction of Hudson Avenue Extension.