Andebit et beaqui corendit, ut quostes esciendion re dit ad et prae parion es quia quas alibus sam, omnim faciden ducipidiat arum autem nobis enis es voat
Lakes to Locks Passage, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that manages a scenic byway from New York’s Capital Region to the Canadian border–a region of spectacular natural landscapes laden with history, culture, and art. Our mission is to inspire people to discover, honor, celebrate, and share the heritage and stories that connect our lives and to foster vibrant communities for future generations.
Midway between Manhattan and Montreal, this inter-connected waterway shaped the destiny of the United States and Canada. By bike, foot, boat, train or car, Lakes to Locks Passage provides visitors and residents information about the charming cities, rural landscapes, and Adirondack hamlets all along the byway. The Lakes to Locks Passage Byway follows the interconnected waterway of the Upper Hudson River, Champlain Canal, Lake George, Lake Champlain, Richelieu River, and Chambly Canal through six counties in New York State: Rensselaer, Saratoga, Washington, Warren, Essex, and Clinton.
Our goals include:
- Create a great place to live, which is also a great place to establish a business, invest public resources, and to visit!
- Establish a grassroots forum for voluntary inter-municipal planning and implementation of NYS Byway, waterfront, and community revitalization programs.
- Assist communities through a process of sensitivity, awareness, understanding, appreciation, and finally, a commitment to the stewardship of the historic, natural, and cultural resources that are embodied in Lakes to Locks Passage, as the basis for community revitalization.
- Unify the region’s historic, cultural, natural and recreational resources to establish a world-class destination for national and international travelers.
- Our vision is that people throughout our region are committed to nurturing the power of culture and heritage to sustain the health and vibrancy of our communities.
Lakes to Locks Passage does an amazing job of raising the profile of our wonderfully historic and charming area, drawing world-wide attention to our region – P. Granger