Andebit et beaqui corendit, ut quostes esciendion re dit ad et prae parion es quia quas alibus sam, omnim faciden ducipidiat arum autem nobis enis es voat
Resources for Heritage Centers & Museums
Below are some resources for museums, heritage organizations, and other nonprofits. Lakes to Locks Passage is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Lakes to Locks has developed toolkits to assist museums, heritage organizations, and other nonprofits.
- A Toolkit for Battlefield Stewardship: This toolkit offers long-term strategies for battlefield preservation, providing information and resources for developing a battlefield preservation plan and implementing a battlefield preservation strategy.
- A Toolkit for Cultivating Volunteers and Staff into Ambassadors: This Toolkit is designed for staff and volunteers at visitor centers, Heritage Centers, and other community organizations.
WORKSHOPS & ROUNDTABLES
Lakes to Locks sponsors workshops and roundtables for the benefit of museum staff and other heritage organizations.
Here are materials from some of those past events:
IMLS Heritage Centers Sustainability Workshop
- Organizational Leadership and Working with Volunteers Workshop: Presented by Boris Frank, Boris. https://www.lakestolocks.org/info/info/ltlBCB19137527EAC8C5
Collections Care Workshop
- Collections Management Policy workshop presentation notes at the Whallonsburg Grange Hall.
Working with the Press Workshop
- Notes and attachments for Media Workshop Contents: Meeting Notes, Media Contact List, Denton Publication’s Media Toolkit.
IMLS Succession Training Workshop
- AASLH Draft Succession Plan Emergency Succession Plan for the Museum Association…
Vision Mission and Planning for Organizational Growth
- From Chaos to Clarity: The Importance of Vision, Mission and Planning for Organizational Growth Presented by Anne W. Ackerson, Director, Museum Association of New York.
DIRECTORY OF LAKES TO LOCKS HERITAGE CENTERS
Click here for a directory of members
Lakes to Locks Passage provides a wide variety of services, including grant writing, project management, catalyst funding, and fiscal sponsor.
We’ll post information here as it becomes available.