Andebit et beaqui corendit, ut quostes esciendion re dit ad et prae parion es quia quas alibus sam, omnim faciden ducipidiat arum autem nobis enis es voat
Bluff Point Lighthouse
Site GPS: N44 37.367 W73 25.871
Landing GPS: N44 37.441W73 25.811
Built in 1874, the lighthouse operated for 57 years before being replaced by an automated light on a steel tower. In 2004, the lighthouse returned to service and is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places. Oil powered the original light. Look for the old oil shed foundation behind the lighthouse. You can learn about the history of the lighthouse from the nearby wayside exhibit and at http://www.clintoncountyhistorical.org/bluff-point-lighthouse. Map below by Kevin Kelley:
Special thanks to Dr. Otto Raboff for granting a conservation easement to the Clinton County Historical Association (CCHA) for the lighthouse, ensuring that the property and its history be preserved for future generations. For more in-depth information about the lighthouse, watch short videos on the Hometown Cable Video Gallery website www.hometowncablenetwork.com.