Andebit et beaqui corendit, ut quostes esciendion re dit ad et prae parion es quia quas alibus sam, omnim faciden ducipidiat arum autem nobis enis es voat
Cumberland Head Lighthouse
This was the second of three lighthouses built in 1858 as a part of a modernization of all of United States Aids to Navigation. It replaced an outdated 30 ft. masonry tower originally built in 1838 to mark the Plattsburgh Harbor. There was originally a small dock for use of the light station but ice and water have destroyed it. One of the old iron skeleton towers built in 1934 to replace lighthouse. The navigation light was returned in March 2003 to the old historic stone tower of Lighthouse No. 2. This is a Historic Landing. Cumberland Head is now a combination of a summer resort community and a bedroom community for the small City of Plattsburgh. The old lighthouse is now a private home and closely surrounded by residential neighbors.
Nearby Sites or Experiences
Jerry Bates - Historian, Town of Plattsburgh
151 Banker Rd
Plattsburgh, NY 12901 US