Andebit et beaqui corendit, ut quostes esciendion re dit ad et prae parion es quia quas alibus sam, omnim faciden ducipidiat arum autem nobis enis es voat
This was the location of the Sisco Blast Furnace, which produced pig iron, bars of pure iron used in manufacturing. This area is now owned and operated as a summer resort called Normandie Beach Club. It specializes in water sports. A substantial ruin of the stone furnace stack is located on the south side of the point, directly under the tennis courts of the club. It was built as a charcoal furnace but converted to burn anthracite in 1853. A robust industrial, company-owned town developed around the road leading into the furnace and was called Jacksonville. The furnace ended its operations at the end of the Civil War, having contributed iron to the war effort. Numerous remains of the iron days can be found around the point.