Old Fort House Museum

The Old Fort House Museum is located on Lower Broadway and features a five building complex of local artifacts including a “Toll Keepers” house from 1840, the Riverside School House, the 1853 A. Dallas Wait Law Office, the Cronkhite Pavilion, the Water Works Barn, the Doctors Apothecary Garden, and the Schoolhouse Privy. The museum campus is operated by the Fort Edward Historical Association.

The campus features the Old Fort House Museum. The 1772 home of Patrick Smyth has been open to the public since 1953, with authentic furnishings depicting the lives of occupants from the 1770’s through the 1940’s. Built with timbers taken from the ruins of the French & Indian War fortification called Fort Edward, the house was used as headquarters by both British and American generals in the Revolutionary War. Please check their webpage or call for additional programs and information. 518-747-9600 Season and Hours Open
Open 1:00 –5:00 daily, June-August, September-mid October open 1-5 weekdays, closed Mondays, closed on National Holidays. Open year round by appointment for school and motor coach tours.
Don’t Miss This When Visiting
Fort Edward Historical Association
Old Fort House Museum
1840 Toll House
Riverside School House
1853 A. Dallas Wait Law Office
Cronkhite Pavilion
Water Works Barn
Doctors Apothecary Garden
Gift Shop

Related Sites Or Experiences
Grant Cottage State Historic Site

Fort William Henry Museum and Restoration

Historic Salem Courthouse

Schuyler Mansion State Historic Site

Washington County Historical Society

Latitude: 43.2612 Longitude: -73.5803 Elevation: 134 ft
Related Sites or Experiences
Nearby Sites or Experiences
Contact Information

Fort Edward Historical Association
518-747-9700 (Fax)
29 Broadway
P.O. Box 106
Fort Edward, NY 12828 US

Visit Website

Reader Interactions