Andebit et beaqui corendit, ut quostes esciendion re dit ad et prae parion es quia quas alibus sam, omnim faciden ducipidiat arum autem nobis enis es voat
Vischer Ferry Historic District
The Vischer Ferry Historic District was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 because of its large concentration of working class Greek Revival structures. Six of the buildings have columned porticos and many have engaged pilasters and other Greek Revival architectural details. It is a typical upstate New York Canal village containing the remains of the original canal and two dry docks where canal boats were built and repaired. Canal boat carpenters constructed the homes between 1833 and 1862. Don’t Miss This When Visiting
The Vischer Homestead at the end of Ferry Drive built about 1740 is the oldest residence in the Town of Clifton Park. The large front section was added in the Federal style about 1806.
Examples of later Victorian and Queen Anne architecture are also evident in the District.
Related Sites Or Experiences
The Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve is included in the Historic District.
Suggested Further Reading
Walking tours and information about the Historic District are available at the Clifton Park Town Hall